How Do You Do?

Aren't you sweet taking time out of your day to drop by and see me? I do love having company.

I'm so happy to be all moved into the neighborhood. You know that final box is always the one that takes the longest to unpack.

What's that? You want to know more about little ole me? Well, bless your heart.

I live in the Heart of Dixie and this is where I'll be proudly pushing up daisies long after I'm gone. I am a born and bred Southern girl. Oh my, I haven't been called a "girl" in ages.

I've lived more years than I care to count. One day I woke up and said to myself, "No more counting," and that was that.

I have diapered quite a few fannies in my life. They do grow so fast but, oh, the beautiful memories they leave behind.

I always have a story to tell. Gracious, I've even been known to have an opinion or two. That's why I enjoy our tea time together.

You can leave your shoes on. I don't mind. Do wipe them off on my welcome mat, if you please. That's what it's there for.

Now come on in and make yourself at home. I'll pour the tea. You take the sweet treat of your choice. Let's talk.

I'm the Old Lady Next Door. How do you do?

3 Good Neighbors Sipped a Cup:

Tracey@Aloha Monkeys said...

How do you do? Or as we say in Hawaii, aloha! I love it here. Mahalo for your southern hospitality. I feel so welcome. I'll definitely visit more often.

Unknown said...

I left you a comment on your recent post. I should have look further. I too am from the south. But not originally I am what the southerns call a Yankee. I have been here since 2001. I live in SC. Glad to meet you. Would love to have some Southern Comfort mixed with tea at a high tea. I just love the victorian tea houses. They are so cute.

Fran Jones said...

I run a website in the Birmingham area. Actually it is in Homewood, Alabama and we are just due south of Birmingham and Vulcan. Thus we have a great view of his rear end. I am writing a piece on a new regional planning initiative to integrate the suburbs into the greater Birmingham area. I would love to use the photo you have posted on your blog as it is a great shot of what we see of Vulcan. So I am writing to see what you think.....?

The site is www.inhomewood.com.

I am happy to list any photo credit you deem appropriate. If you would rather me not, I certainly understand and will go take my own. I honestly think yours is great and that it would be good for my site to feature (and cite) third party photography.

Regards,

Fran Jones

Post a Comment